Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do not let people steal your JOY...

Most of us tend to let the most minor things cause our entire day to go south. Example: Some one cuts you off in traffic; some one curses you out Etc. As long as they do not touch your body or even invade your space. I say, just smile and proceed because obviously they are not worth your time and energy. Maybe they need to see people that do not re-act to their negative behaviors? It's kind of like being an unspoken Teacher. Let the student see that positive control you possess. Maybe something positive will click in their soul.

Prime example: about 3 years ago at a Target shopping Center parking lot. This older Caucasian male was walking and these two African American males were driving; speeding in the lot and came pretty close to hitting him. The old man called them "You Fucking Niggers" and other negative things. I happened to be behind him. He turned back and saw me and said, "I'm sorry young man, they just nearly hit me." I simply said, "when people do stupid things all you can do is smile to keep from choking someone out." He did not expect that response from me at all. He just turned beet red, laughed and said, "your right" smiled and walked into the store. Why 2 weeks later did I see him helping those people that stand in front of the doors asking for donations? He was helping them obtain more donation money. As people were walking by, he was smiling, waving, clapping. Then a month later, I saw him feeding some stray cats at a Food 4 Less. I can tell you, seeing that transformation really touched my heart, I vowed to do my best and be kinder to ALL people.

"Do not let people steal your JOY... Be the one who is proactive and positive. I promise you will feel better and it will work!" - Zi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, LOVE unto you!

Zi the Gentleman